Recently in 2022 TikTok officially introduced the story post feature in the TikTok application. Now, you can post videos on TikTok stories from your account and you can see others’ stories as well. Once you have posted a video on the story, you can easily view and delete TikTok stories from your account.
To view TikTok stories that you have posted on your account, go to the “Me” icon and tap on your profile picture and you will see your stories. From three dots you can save, keep story privacy and delete the story.
Well, if you don’t know where you can see your TikTok stories and how to delete them then don’t worry because in this article we have mentioned a step-by-step procedure to watch your posted stories and delete stories from your account.
So, stay with us and read the full article to know about TikTok stories.
Table of Contents
What Is Tiktok Story Feature?
TikTok’s story feature is similar to other social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat that allow you to post a short video clip in your profile as a story which automatically gets deleted after 24hours.
You can add up to 15-second-long video clips to your TikTok stories and you can check who has seen your story in a different section next to the comments section.
To put a story in your TikTok profile, you can go to the Plus “+” icon from the bottom navigation bar and choose Quick video to post the video clips in your story.
You can upload any video on your TikTok story, and try to make engaging video and creative video that attracts TikTok users to follow you. From stories, you can increase your followers on TikTok turns to more views, likes, and comments on your TikTok videos.
Once you add a story to your TikTok account, you can view your stories, you can see a recent story post, can keep TikTok stories private, or delete the posted stories from your profile.
How to View Stories on Tiktok?
On the TikTok application, you can see other published stories and your own TikTok stories from your profile. If you want to see someone else stories or see your own story on TikTok then below is the step-by-step process to do so.
See Someone Else Stories on Tiktok
You can see someone else stories on TikTok in two ways, from the “For You” page and by visiting the user’s account by searching the username.
To see someone else stories on TikTok from the “For You” page:
- Open the TikTok application
- Now from the Home, tap on the “For You” from the top.
- After that, scroll down or swipe up to see all videos.
- While scrolling you will find stories on the “For You” page.
- Even when you see a blue circle in the profile picture of the creator, they have posted stories.
- Tap on the profile picture to see someone published stories.
So these are the steps to see someone else’s stories on TikTok from the “For You” page.
To see someone else stories on TikTok From the user’s profile:
- Open the TikTok application.
- Now, tap on the Friends from the bottom navigation bar.
- After that, tap the Find friends search box from the top.
- Now, enter the username or name in the text box.
- After that, tap on the search button.
- Now from the Users list, tap on the username or profile picture to visit their profile.
- If you see the blue circle in the profile picture from their account then they have posted stories.
- Tap on the profile picture to see all their stories.
So these are the steps to see someone else’s all TikTok stories by visiting the user’s profile.
See Your Own Story on Tiktok
To see your own story on TikTok you can follow the easy steps mentioned below:
- Open the TikTok application
- Go to the Profile “Me” icon from the bottom navigation bar.
- Now, tap on your profile picture.
- After that, it will load your TikTok stories.
So these are the steps to see your own TikTok stories from your profile. Before you see the story from your profile you will see a blue circle in the profile whereas you will see a grey circle after watching your TikTok stories.
How to Get Access to Recent Tiktok Story?
On TikTok, you won’t find stories section from where you can see the recent stories but you can visit someone’s profile to see the story. But to get access to your recent TikTok story you can go to your profile to watch your recent TikTok story.
To get access to your recent TikTok story
- Open the TikTok application on your device.
- Go to the profile from the bottom navigation bar.
- Now, tap on the blue circle profile picture to see your recent story.
So these are the steps to get access to the recent TikTok stories.
How to View Private Tiktok Stories?
To view someone’s private TikTok stories you have to follow them first after that you can see the stories of private accounts. Follow the steps mentioned below to view private TikTok stories:
- Open the TikTok application.
- Now from the bottom navigation bar, go to the Friends.
- Tap on the Find friend search box.
- After that, enter the username of the private account.
- Now under Users, tap on the username or profile picture of the private account.
- After that tap on the “Follow” button.
- Once they accept your following request, search the username.
- Go to the User’s profile.
- Tap on the Profile picture to view private TikTok stories.
So these are the steps to watch someone’s private TikTok stories. You have to follow the private account to see their private stories and the same goes with the TikTok Pc.
How to Delete Tiktok Story?
Once you have published stories on your TikTok profile, you can delete the story within 24 hours because after 24hours TikTok will automatically delete your stories.
So, you can delete the TikTok story within 24hours after publishing.
To delete your TikTok stories follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Go to the Profile from the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the blue circle profile picture.
- Now, it will load your stories.
- After that from the story, tap on the three dots.
- Now, select the Delete “Trash” icon from the bottom.
- Confirm to “Delete this story” by tapping the Delete button.
You have successfully deleted the story you posted on your TikTok profile. Now, you and your followers will only see the remaining stories in your TikTok stories.
So these are the complete guide to view and delete TikTok stories from your TikTok account.
Why Can’t I View Tiktok Stories?
Once the story has exceeded 24 hours of published time, it will be automatically deleted from your profile. So, you can only view your TikTok stories for 24hours after that they will disappear from your profile.
Even within 24 hours, if you are not able to view your TikTok stories then there might be some problem with the TikTok or your device.
Fix problems to view your TikTok stories
- Check your internet connection
- Refresh the TikTok application.
- Close and restart the TikTok app.
- Restart your mobile phone.
- Clear TikTok cache data.
Once you fix these issues, go to the profile, tap on the profile picture and you will be able to see your TikTok stories.
Why Don’t I Have Tiktok Stories?
Due to many reasons, you won’t be able to see the TikTok stories in your account. Below are the reasons why you don’t have TikTok stories on your device.
- You don’t have the latest TikTok version.
- Due to cache data.
- You haven’t published stories.
- Your device doesn’t support the updated TikTok version.
- Due to the slow internet connection.
To fix things when you don’t have TikTok stories:
- First of all, add a story to your TikTok profile and see stories.
- Check your internet connection, and connect to the fast internet service.
- Check the latest TikTok application on the device store.
- Update your device’s OS version.
- Clear the TikTok cache data.
- Re-install the TikTok application.
So these are the 6 things you can fix if you don’t see TikTok stories in your profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Tiktok Stories Disappear?
Yes, TikTok stories disappear from your profile after 24 hours of the published time.
How Long Does a Story Stay on Tiktok?
You can see the post-TikTok story for 24 hours on your profile.
Can You Get Access to Tiktok Stories?
Yes, you can get access to the TikTok stories from your profile, but you won’t be able to access the TikTok stories section to view everyone’s stories together.
Is Tiktok Story Similar to Snapchat and Instagram Story?
Yes, the TikTok story is similar to Snapchat and Instagram stories because you can add stories to your profile and it will automatically delete your stories after 24 hours.
Do Tiktok Stories Delete Right Away?
No TikTok stories don’t delete right away either you have to delete them manually within 24 hours or TikTok will delete them automatically after 24 hours.
Who Can See Your Tiktok Stories?
Your followers and everyone on TikTok can see your stories if your account is public but your friends will only see your TikTok stories if your account is private.
Where Do Tiktok Stories Go?
When you post a TikTok video on the story your post story will go to your profile.
When you delete a TikTok story, it will be deleted from the TikTok story and account.
After 24 hours when TikTok deletes your story it will be deleted from your account but will be saved in your TikTok account database.
The TikTok story feature is an important feature on TikTok that you can use to upload short video clips, highlights of your post, daily-lifestyle posts, information, and notice to your followers and to grab attention and increase followers on your TikTok account.
You can add stories, view stories, and delete stories from your TikTok account. So, if you don’t know how to use the TikTok story feature then this article is for you. In the above article “View and Delete TikTok Stories,” we have mentioned step by step process to guide you to use the TikTok story feature.
Hope you like this article, you can comment on your problems so that we can fix them.
Thank you for reading this article.