We know that SoundCloud is the best for listening to online music and tracks of your choice. You can also upload your own music and make a playlist for other people to listen to and share. Similar to that you can also download music from SoundCloud and listen to it offline. And today you will learn on how to set a SoundCloud song as your morning alarm?
To set a SoundCloud song as your phone alarm you need to first download the audio track from SoundCloud. After that, open your ‘Clock’ and tap on ‘Three Dots’, and then select ‘Settings’. Now, select the ‘Alarm Ringtone’ option and tap on ‘All Ringtones’ to choose your recently saved SoundCloud song as your morning alarm.
There is also another shortcut way to set a song as an alarm from SoundCloud on your mobile phone whether it’s an Android or iPhone. So, make sure to read the full article and change your phone alarm or ringtone using SoundCloud music.
Can You Set a SoundCloud Song as Your Phone Alarm?
Yes, you can easily pick the music from SoundCloud and then use it as your device alarm or ringtone. There are thousands of different songs which you can find in the SoundCloud library that are uploaded by different artists.
You can either play the SoundCloud track online or save it on your device for offline fun. For that, you have to download the song which you like on your mobile phone.
But SoundCloud doesn’t allow you to directly download music if you use the free version so you have to use the third-party website to save songs. When you completely download the SoundCloud mp3 then you can use that track for your morning wakeup alarm or ringtone.
How to Download a Ringtone from SoundCloud?
Before moving to use the SoundCloud audio track for your phone alarm, you need to first download SoundCloud songs on your device. There are various ways to listen to SoundCloud music offline on your phone.
If you are using SoundCloud Go or Go+ then you can easily download songs offline without any other tools. But you have to pay $4.99 a month for a single subscription. If you buy the yearly package then you will save up to 40%.
On the other side, if you are using the free version of SoundCloud then you can’t download the music offline. So, you need to use the third-party SoundCloud music download tools to save the audio track.
In this section, you will learn to download music on SoundCloud on iPhone and Android.
Note: You have to first create a SoundCloud playlist of your selected songs since you can’t download the music directly.
- Open your SoundCloud app on your device.
- Select the music which you want to download from SoundCloud on your phone.
- After that, add that selected song to your SoundCloud playlist which you can do by tapping on the “Three Dots” icon next to your selected song and tap on the “Add to Playlist”.
- Now, you have to open your playlist so that you can download your saved songs.
- For that, tap on the “Three horizontal lines” from the bottom right corner of the screen to access your SoundCloud account library.
- Now, tap on the “Playlists” option and select your created playlist.
- After that, download the entire playlist by tapping on the “Downward-faced arrow” icon.
- If you are using the free version of SoundCloud then you can simply select the music and tap on the “Three Dots” icon. Next, copy the link of the music and download it using third-party apps or sites.
Once you save offline music from SoundCloud then you can locate it in your device “File Manager” section or directly in your installed music playing apps.
How to Set a SoundCloud Song as Your Morning Alarm?
If you have a SoundCloud audio track ready on your device then you can start using it for your morning alarm or phone ringtone. There are slightly different steps that you need to follow to set a SoundCloud song as you morning alarm on iPhone and Android.
How to Set a SoundCloud Song as Your Phone Alarm on Android?
If you are an Android user then here are the steps which you need to follow to use songs of SoundCloud as your phone alarm.
- Open the “Clock” app on your Android device.
- Now, tap on the “Three Dots” which you can find in the upper right corner of the clock display.
- There, select the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- In the settings section of your device clock, you need to locate and open the “Alarm Ringtone” option.
- Once you access your device’s alarm ringtone feature then you have to tap on the “All Ringtones” button at the bottom side and don’t have to choose the default ringtone.
- After that, it will take you to your device themes, wallpaper, fonts, and ringtones library.
- So, you need to tap on the “Ringtones” option at the bottom side.
- Next, tap on the “Choose local Ringtone” option on the upper side and select your device music app or file manager.
- If you are using the music app on your phone then it would be even easier for you to set a SoundCloud song as your morning alarm.
- Finally, locate your SoundCloud downloaded music and then set it as your phone alarm.
How to Set a Soundcloud Song as Your Phone Alarm on iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user then here are the steps that you need to follow to use songs of SoundCloud as your phone alarm.
Note: You need to install the ‘Garageband app on your iPhone which is completely necessary to use SoundCloud sound as your phone alarm. You can’t directly use any sound in your iPhone as your phone alarm so you need to convert it into ringtone music.
- Download music from your SoundCloud app on your iPhone.
- Now, download and open the “Garageband” app on your phone.
- After that, tap on the “+” icon from the upper right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on the “Audio Recorder” screen.
- Now, tap on the “Brick wall” icon on the upper left side next to the ‘Equalizer’ icon.
- After that, you have to choose the “loop” icon at the top right side next to the ‘Tyre’ icon.
- Next, tap on the “Files” option and browser your download SoundCloud song from the bottom side.
- Now, select the music and drag it into your Garageband project.
- So, make a 30 seconds ringtone and tap on the “Down arrow” at the top left corner to save it as your iPhone ringtone.
- Now, long-tap on the music which you’ve just created and then choose the “Ringtone” option.
- After that, tap on the “Export” option on the upper right side and then open your iPhone alarm app.
- There, tap on the “Edit” option at the top left corner and select the alarm which you want to use.
- Finally, tap on the “Sound” option and then select the ringtone which you’ve exported from ‘The Garageband app.
In this way, you can easily set a SoundCloud song as your morning alarm on iPhone.
How to Make a SoundCloud Song My Ringtone?
You can use the SoundCloud music or audio track as your phone ringtone easily. All you need to do is download the song from SoundCloud and then choose it as your phone ringtone. But there is a slightly different thing that you need to follow in your Android and iPhone.
How to Set SoundCloud Song as Your Android Ringtone?
Here are the steps which you need to follow to use SoundCloud music for your ringtone on an Android device.
- Save your SoundCloud sound on your device.
- Now, go to your Android settings.
- Tap on the “Sound & Vibration” option.
- Now, select the “Ringtone” button on the upper side.
- After that, tap on the “Choose local ringtone” option on the screen.
- Now, select your music app and then choose the song of SoundCloud.
- Finally, set the music as your phone ringtone permanently.
How to Set SoundCloud Song as Your iPhone Ringtone?
Here are the steps which you need to follow to use the SoundCloud music for your ringtone on your iPhone device.
- You have to download the “Garageband” app on your iPhone.
- After that, convert the SoundCloud song as a ringtone by following the earlier steps in the ‘Set a Soundcloud Song as Your Phone Alarm on iPhone’ heading.
- Now, export the SoundCloud music as a ringtone on your device.
- The next thing is to go to your iPhone settings.
- Now, select the “Sound & Haptics” option in the settings.
- After that, tap on the “Ringtone” option from the list.
- Here, you need to choose the ringtone which you’ve created in Garageband using the SoundCloud song.
Can You keep SoundCloud Podcast as Your Phone Alarm?
Yes, you can use any SoundCloud podcasts as your phone alarm or ringtone. But you have to cut and minimize the length of the full podcast in a suitable size audio track. If you try to add the whole podcast then it won’t let you do that and will cause the issue.
So, download the podcast from SoundCloud and then convert it into an audio file. After that, go to your alarm or ringtone area to use it.
Advantages and Benefits of Using SoundCloud Song as Your Phone Alarm
There are certain benefits if you use the song of SoundCloud as your phone alarm or ringtone. Let’s get clear an example, if you use the same music for your morning alarm or ringtone then it will make you irritating over time. You won’t feel anything at the beginning but listening to the same thing over and over again will make you angry or frustrated.
So, when you choose the music of your choice from SoundCloud or other platforms then it won’t make you irritated. This is a great thing to start your day and makes it productive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can You Download a Song from SoundCloud?
Yes, you can download songs from SoundCloud.
Is SoundCloud for Free?
There are both free and paid versions of SoundCloud which you can use easily.
Is SoundCloud Safe to Use?
Yes, SoundCloud is quite safe to use.
Why Can’t I Download Songs on SoundCloud?
If you can’t download songs on SoundCloud then check your internet connection, clear SoundCloud cache, check SoundCloud server status, update the SoundCloud app, disable VPN and reinstall SoundCloud.
Can You Listen to SoundCloud Offline?
Yes, you can listen to SoundCloud offline but you need to have SoundCloud Go, Go + or Pro subscription.
At last, you can easily set a SoundCloud song as your morning alarm or ringtone on your device. You have to do a little bit of extra work while using the SoundCloud audio as a phone alarm on your iPhone because it won’t let you directly use the downloaded songs. Other than this, you can listen to your favorite alarm music every day and change it over time.
Was this article helpful for you?