You can see who is last online on WhatsApp of your contacts from the ‘Last Seen’ text. When someone reads your text message or the media files you send to then you will see the ‘Blue Tick’ mark at the corner of your message. If you don’t want anyone to know when you last viewed their message then you can easily hide last seen status on WhatsApp.
To hide ‘last seen’ or online on WhatsApp you need to open the WhatsApp application and click on ‘Three dots’ on the right side and select the ‘Settings’ option. Now, click on ‘Account’ after that you need to go to ‘Privacy’ and select the ‘Last Seen’ option. After that, choose the ‘Nobody’ option and save the settings.
This is the way to hide online status on WhatsApp from everyone. But what if you want to hide your last seen or online status from only one person or your contacts only? Then read the complete article and find out your answers.
What is the ‘Last Seen’ Feature on WhatsApp?
When you use the WhatsApp application then it will show your online status to all your contacts. People will know when you are last online on WhatsApp by viewing your chat message or profile at the upper left side.
Similar to that, if someone sends you a chat message, photo or video then they can also find out your ‘Last Seen’ status from the ‘blue tick’ mark next to your seen message. In this way, your contacts will know your actual last online status and your last viewed message.
People who have your phone number in their WhatsApp contacts can see your last active and last seen status easily until you disable it. If you add someone to your WhatsApp contacts but they didn’t then you can only see their last time online but they can’t.
So, both parties have to add each other in the WhatsApp contacts to see each other last active status.
How Does ‘Last Seen’ Feature Work on WhatsApp?
The ‘Last Seen’ option only works if you are friend with someone and you also have their contacts. For example, if you have someone’s contacts in your WhatsApp and you view their message then you can locate their last seen status.
The last time the active option will only be available if you have an enabled option on your device. When you turn on the ‘Last Seen’ feature in your WhatsApp settings then you can view their last active status and well as last read chat message.
But if you disable the ‘Last Seen’ feature then your contacts won’t be able to see your last seen and you also can’t see their. So, the feature work for both side either you enable it or disable it.
How to Hide ‘Last Seen’ Status on WhatsApp?
You can easily hide last active or seen status in your WhatsApp account. All you need to do is have your own WhatsApp account that has the latest version and working. After that, you can follow the same process to hide ‘Last Seen’ on WhatsApp on Android and iPhone.
Note: If you disable the ‘Last Seen’ option in your account then you also can’t see your other contacts’ last seen and last active either.
- Run your WhatsApp on your both Android and iPhone devices.
- Now, tap on the “Three Dots” option from the top right corner of your account home display.
- There, select the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, you need to tap on the “Account” option inside your WhatsApp settings.
- After that, choose the “Privacy” option from the top so that you can customize and edit your personal things in your WhatsApp.
- Now, tap on the “Last Seen” feature which you can find at first area.
- There, you have to select “Nobody” from “Everyone” to disable last seen and last active on WhatsApp.
From now on, your WhatsApp contacts won’t be able to share your last seen and you also can’t see people’s last seen status.
How to Turn On ‘Last Seen’ Status on WhatsApp?
After disabling the last active status on WhatsApp, you can easily enable it if you want to know the ‘Last online’ status of someone on WhatsApp. If you want to see who is online on WhatsApp then you have to turn on the “Last seen’ feature from the settings.
Now, let’s see how to know who is last active on WhatsApp or not on mobile devices.
- Open your WhatsApp application on your device.
- Now, go to your account settings by tapping on the “Three Dots” and then selecting the “Settings” option from the drop-down at the top right corner.
- After that, choose the “Account” settings.
- Now, tap on the “Privacy” feature from the upper side.
- The next thing is to tap on the “Last Seen” option.
- Finally, tap on the “Everyone” radio button and refresh the app.
How to Hide ‘Last Seen’ on WhatsApp for One Person?
Yes, you can hide the ‘Last Seen’ and ‘Last Online’ status on WhatsApp for one person so that they won’t find whether you are online or not. If you don’t want someone let your last active status then you can easily turn it off on Android and iPhone.
- Access your WhatsApp account.
- Tap on the “Three Dots” which you can find on the upper right side of the screen.
- Now, you have to tap on “Settings” and then pick the “Account” option.
- There, simply tap on the “Privacy” option and choose “Last Seen”.
- Next, tap on the “My Contacts except..” radio button.
- Now, select the contacts from whom you want to hide your last seen status or active status.
- After that, tap on the green “Tick Mark” button from the bottom right corner.
How to Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp Without Blocking?
There is a way to camouflage your last seen on WhatsApp without blocking someone. If you don’t want to talk with your contacts for some reason but you also don’t want to remove from your WhatsApp then you can simply hide your last seen.
In this way, you don’t have to remove them or block their account and prevent them from seeing your last active status. This is how you do that.
- Go to your WhatsApp settings from the top right corner side after tapping on the “Three dots”.
- There you can find the option called “Account” which you need to access it.
- After that, tap on “Privacy” and select “Last Seen”.
- Now, you can choose the available option to hide your last seen status on WhatsApp without blocking someone.
Frequently Asked Questions?
How to Hide Blue Tick on WhatsApp?
To hide blue tick mark on WhatsApp you need to hide your ‘Last Seen’ status.
Can We Hide WhatsApp Last Seen to One Person?
Yes, you can easily hide your WhatsApp last seen from one person.
How Can I Hide Online on WhatsApp Without Showing?
Yes, you can hide your online on WhatsApp without showing.
Can I Hide When I’m Online on WhatsApp?
Yes, you can easily hide your online status from your WhatsApp contacts or friends.
How Do I Know If Someone is Checking My Last Seen on WhatsApp?
To know if someone is checking your last seen you can send them a text message and look after the ‘Blue Tick’ mark in the message.
Can Someone See If I Am Looking at Their WhatsApp?
No, your WhatsApp contacts or friends won’t tell if you are stalking to their profile or not.
Can I Read a WhatsApp Message Without the Sender Knowing?
No, you can’t read the WhatsApp message without knowing the sender.
If you are getting way too many messages or calls from someone on WhatsApp then you can hide your last seen status. In this way, they can’t tell whether you are online on WhatsApp or not and stop. There is a high chance that a person won’t send you the pictures, videos, or messages when they can’t see your last seen or online status.
Do you like the WhatsApp applications?
Why WhatsApp not showing contacts names?
How to set a custom notification tune on WhatsApp?
How to fix WhatsApp call not connecting?