Are you getting disturbed by someone on Kik? If yes is your answer then you can simply report their user. Kik allows reporting someone if they are doing things that are adult or illegal and forcing you to do so. Today you will learn on how to report a user on Kik?
When you want to report people on Kik then you have to locate their account and report them from their profile section. There you will find the “Report” option which you have to use for the reporting purpose.
But just reporting a person on Kik won’t help you out because they can contact you again and irritate your peace. So, in this article, we will first talk about reporting a Kik user and then blocking them in a simple way possible.
Can You Report Someone on Kik?
Yes, you can report people on Kik when you think they are way out of the limit. Kik allows us to chat with strangers from around the world. You can easily search for someone’s username or Kik ID and start chatting with them. For this reason, anyone can search for your account and send you a new message.
When someone sends you a chat message on Kik who are not on your friend’s list, it will be stored in the request section. Until you accept the message request, they won’t be able to talk with you.
But when you don’t accept someone’s new message request then they can send you a message over and over again. So, in that case, you can simply report the user by stating that person is a scam or bullying you.
Besides, when you block a user on Kik then they can also use a new Kik ID to disturb you again. There are tons of child abuse cases reported on Kik just because of this action. A person targets a child and sends them a chat message over and over again and makes them to accept it.
What Happens When You Report Someone on Kik?
When you report someone on Kik then their account will be checked by Kik. They will first check whether they have violated the Kik policy or not.
After that, Kik will start examing the reported case whether it’s true or false. Just remember, Kik will have all your data and information such as chat messages, calls, media files, and more. They can easily check your database and examine the case.
Now, if the reported case is valid or true then they will start to take action based on the policy violation. It determines whether your action is normal or something serious.
If your case is just normal then they can temporarily ban, suspend or restrict your account. But if your case is serious then you will be lockout of your account permanently. Kik will ban or suspend you from your Kik and you won’t access it in the future.
How to Report a User on Kik App?
Now, it’s time to follow the steps to report someone on Kik and let them realize that someone can easily take down their account without contacting the police for illegal, abusive, or mature content.
- First of all, open the Kik messenger on your phone.
- Now, tap on the “Chat” icon which you can find at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After that, you have to search for the person’s account or chat.
- The next thing is to open their chat message or account from the friend list.
- Now, you have to tap on their “Username” from the top left side.
- There, tap on “Three Lines” from the upper right side.
- In the pop-up windows, you have to select the “Report User” option.
- After that, you have to pick a reason why you want to report a user on Kik.
- After selecting your reason then finally tap on the “Report” button.
- Now, you can either remove their chat message or keep it based on your needs.
So, in this way, someone can report you on Kik and vice-versa. Now, if you can’t find the options which I’ve mentioned above in the following steps then update the Kik application or clear the Kik cache.
How to Report a Group on Kik?
You can create a group on Kik by adding your friends to the chat. Anyone who is on your friend list can join your Kik group by the invitation or by manually adding them. So, you can also join to someone else’s Kik group and enjoy.
But for some reason, some groups are way over the limit and post illegal, drugs, weapons, mature content, and other similar things that are not supposed to see by some Kik users. Since you can find tons of underage children on Kik so it will be harmful for them to see such things at their age.
This is why you can report a whole Kik group in the following steps.
- Access your Kik account on Android and iPhone.
- Tap on the “Chat” feature from the bottom left side of the display.
- Now, you can search for the group which you want to report and take down.
- After that, open that group and tap on their “Group Name”.
- Next, you have to tap on “Three vertical dots” from the upper right side.
- After that, choose the “Report” option from the list.
- So, give a reason why you want to report the Kik group.
- Finally, tap on the “Report” button.
How to Report People on Kik Group?
You can find tons of users on group that is spreading unnecessary or harmful news and information. If you think they are doing wrong that is dangerous then you can report those people from the group.
- Access your Kik account.
- Now, open the group where you’ve been joined.
- Next, tap on the username of the group.
- Scroll down and select a user from who was in that group.
- Now, tap on the “Report User” option.
- There, submit your reason and then confirm the report.
How to Unreport a User on Kik Messenger?
You can un-report someone on Kik once you report them. As soon as you file a report to Kik then they will start to check your report case. So, you can simply reverse the process and un-report people.
However, one thing you have to keep in mind is that reporting a person doesn’t mean that it will harm their account. If you file a decent report then it won’t do anything to that user’s Kik account.
How to Block Someone on Kik?
If reporting doesn’t do the thing from Kik side and a person is still sending you messages and other media files then you can block that user permanently. When you block someone on Kik then they can’t send you a message and talk to you anymore.
- Launch the Kik application.
- So, choose the person to whom to want to unfriend or terminate from Kik.
- Open their profile by tapping on their username.
- Now, you can tap on the “Three dots” option.
- There, select the “Block Use” option.
- Finally, tap on the “Block” button to confirm.
Can You Report Impersonation on Kik Messenger?
You can find tons of Impersonation on Kik messenger pretending to be someone for scam, fraud, or other things. If someone is talking with you pretending to be your family member or friend then you can simply report their account to Kik and take it down.
In this scenario, you don’t have to report a user but you have to file a report that this specific person is pretending to be someone.
Documentation for While Reporting Impersonation
There are some things that you will need before reporting Impersonation on Kik.
- Proper username of Impersonation.
- Your own Kik username.
- Picture of a person who is being impersonated if possible.
- Valid national ID card or driver’s license of a person who is impersonated.
How to Report Impersonation on Kik?
Once you collect all the necessary things with you then you can easily report Impersonation on Kik messenger and save your real family or friends.
Note: It is a dangerous act to be Impersonation anywhere on the internet not only in Kik. You can get arrested and also sentenced to jail.
- Open your email.
- Now, type “Impersonation Report” in the subject of your mail.
- After that, provide the document which I’ve mentioned above.
- Now, send the mail to “[email protected]”.
In this way, you can easily catch the impersonator who is using your name and pictures for illegal, gambling, mature content, drugs, or weapons selling things.
Besides, you can also report a file to your nearest local police station if the case is serious.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Know If Someone Blocked You on Kik?
If someone blocked you on Kik then you can’t send them a message and you can’t find their account on Kik.
How to Deal With Cyberbullying and Abuse on Kik?
To deal with cyberbullying and abuse on Kik you have to report a file to their help center.
How to Know If Someone Reported You on Kik?
You can’t tell if someone reported you on Kik.
How Many Reported to Get Banned on Kik?
There is no exact ratio of reports that can lead to your Kik account ban.
Can Police Find You Through Kik?
Yes, police can easily find you through Kik.
Does Kik Monitor Messages?
No, Kik doesn’t monitor your chat messages.
Is Kik Really Anonymous?
Yes, Kik is completely anonymous.
Can Kik Trace Location?
No, Kik won’t trace your location.
Now, after following the above-mentioned process, you can easily report a user on Kik. You don’t have to worry whether a person will do anything to you or not. If someone is abusing, bullying, or harming you both personally and mentally then you have a right to report that person.
How to Send Fake live Camera Picture on Kik
How to Fix Photos and Videos Not Loading on Kik
10 Solutions to Fix Kik Not Working