WhatsApp is a great social media app for chatting and making calls with friends and people around the world. All you need to add your phone number and register an account on WhatsApp. Aside from that, recently WhatsApp added a new feature called “Payment” to send and receive money. So, today we will talk about on how to set up a bank account on WhatsApp.
To link your bank account to WhatsApp payment you have to access your WhatsApp account and tap on “three dots”. After that, select the “Payment” option and tap on “Add Payment Method”. Now, you have to pick up your bank account and add it to your WhatsApp.
Once your bank account is verified then you can start making WhatsApp Pay from your account easily. Now, let’s go through the step-by-step process in detail and more things about WhatsApp pay.
Table of Contents
How Does WhatsApp Banking Work?
WhatsApp is a UPI-based payment service that allows users to send and receive money and pay bills within the app. When you get registered on WhatsApp then you can add your banking details to your account.
Once the bank account is successfully linked to your WhatsApp then you can use the ‘UPI’ or ‘OR code’ to send and receive money.
The UPI allows you to select your WhatsApp contact from your account and directly pay them. On the other side, a QR code allows you to send money to people who are not in your contact list by scanning their WhatsApp code.
So, you choose your bank debit card, enter the amount for transfer and then select the end receiver.
Is It Safe to Add Bank Account to WhatsApp?
WhatsApp Pay uses the service from Facebook which is from ‘Meta’. All the transactions you do within WhatsApp will be encrypted only you and WhatsApp can see it. When you add your bank debit card to your account then WhatsApp takes full responsibility against scams, fraud, hacking, and more.
If something happens to your WhatsApp Pay then you will get 24 hrs customer support to register your report. You will get the best assistance from their team regarding and payment you made from your account.
But still, the responsibility also comes from you. It means you have to keep your WhatsApp secure and safe from others. Don’t share your mobile phones to unknown people and use the lock system in your WhatsApp. It is necessary to keep your banking thing private within you.
How to Add Bank Account on WhatsApp Pay?
WhatsApp Pay is currently available in India and Brazil only. If you live out of these countries then you can’t transfer and receive money through WhatsApp. However, if you have a “Payment” feature in your account then you can follow the following steps to link the bank to your WhatsApp account on your devices.
Set up Bank Account on WhatsApp Payment on iPhone
The process for adding a bank account on WhatsApp Pay on iOS is simple as long as your account allows you to.
- Launch your WhatsApp account on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on the “Settings Gear” icon from the bottom side of the screen.
- From the list, you have to choose the “Payments” option.
- After that, you will need to tap on the “Add New Payment Method” option from the settings.
- Next, locate your bank account that is available for WhatsApp Pay.
- Once you find your bank then you have to select it.
- Now, verify your bank account using your phone number.
- Finally, restart the WhatsApp application.
Set up Bank Account on WhatsApp Payment on Android
Adding a payment option in WhatsApp is simple as long as your bank is allowed on it. When you can find your bank account then you can easily activate WhatsApp payment.
- Access your WhatsApp account on your phone.
- Next, tap on the “Three vertical dots” from the upper right corner of the display.
- Now, you have to choose the “Add Payment Method” option and access it.
- There, you will see a list of banks that is available for WhatsApp Pay based on your location or country.
- So, search and select the bank that is on the list.
- After that, it will send the SMS verification code to your registered number.
- There, copy the verification code and paste it into the required field.
- After verifying your WhatsApp Pay then you have to reboot the app.
How to Remove Bank Account in WhatsApp Pay?
It is even simple to delete your linked bank account on WhatsApp Pay on your Android and iPhone devices. If you don’t want to use WhatsApp Pay for some reason then you can remove your bank debit card from it.
- Tap on the WhatsApp icon from your homepage to open it.
- Now, go to your account settings from the display.
- There, you have to pick the “Payments” option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select your linked bank account from the display.
- Tap on the “Remove Bank Account” button.
- Finally, confirm the action to terminate WhatsApp Pay on your iPhone and Android.
In this way, you can easily remove your linked bank after Set Up Bank Account on WhatsApp.
Is WhatsApp Payment Free?
WhatsApp Pay is a free service from ‘Meta’ that is originally available in India and Brazil only. To use the service, you need to download the latest version of WhatsApp in your system and add your bank to your WhatsApp number.
WhatsApp automatically detects your number and finds out where it belongs to. If the number is from the authorized country then it allows you to use the payment feature.
How to Send Money to Bank Account Using WhatsApp?
Transferring money from your WhatsApp to other WhatsApp users is simple. You can either use the OR code or UPI option to send money from WhatsApp Pay. So, follow the following steps to activate WhatsApp payment.
Send Payment on WhatsApp Using ‘UPI ID’ Method
The UPI ID process uses the phone number or account that is registered within WhatsApp to transfer money to someone else.
- Open your WhatsApp.
- Go to the Chat area from the bottom left side of the screen.
- Now, select a user from your contact list or chat message.
- After that, open the chat message of a user.
- Next, tap on the “Three Dots” from the top right side.
- There, choose the “Payment” option.
- Choose the amount and then follow the rest of the guide to transfer money.
Send Payment on WhatsApp Using OR Code
If someone is not in your WhatsApp contact list but you want to send them money then you can simply scan their WhatsApp account code. And this is how you do that on your device.
- Login to your account.
- Tap on the “Dots” icon that is visible in the top right corner.
- Now, select the “Settings” option from the list.
- There, you have to tap on the “OR code” that is visible next to your username on the header side.
- Now, select the “Scan Code” tab from the display.
- Scan the code of the WhatsApp user.
- Use the payment method from the list and send them money.
How to Receive Payment on WhatsApp?
The process of receiving money on WhatsApp is simple just like sending money. The user has to follow the similar steps which you have done to transfer the amount to someone using two different methods.
Receive Money on WhatsApp from WhatsApp Pay
If a user is using the “WhatsApp Pay” wallet then they can follow the exact same steps to transfer money to someone that is opening their WhatsApp Pay wallet and selecting a user from their contact list. There, they can choose the amount for transfer and send it to you.
Receive Money on WhatsApp Using ‘UPI ID’ and ‘QR Code’
If a user doesn’t have a WhatsApp Pay wallet then they can simply go to your chat area and select a “Payment” by tapping on the “Three dots” from the top corner. After that, type the amount and pay.
Besides, you can also scan the WhatsApp account of a person and then directly pay them in person or using the QR code image on your device.
What is the Payment Limit on WhatsApp?
If you are using WhatsApp Pay in India then you will have a daily Rs 1,00,000 payment limit to your account which is 1 Lakh per day. There is no other way to increase the day sending and receiving limit on WhatsApp Pay until now.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Modes of Payment Does WhatsApp Pay Allow?
WhatsApp is currently using the “UPI” and “QR code” payment modes for sending and receiving money.
How to Enable WhatsApp Pay?
To enable WhatsApp Pay you need to choose the phone number or account of a user and then send money.
Which Bank is Linked With WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is currently using the State Bank of India (SBI) for WhatsApp Pay in India.
How Do I Create a Payment Link on WhatsApp?
You can create a payment link on WhatsApp using Razorpay.
Can You Receive Money on WhatsApp?
Yes, you can easily receive money on WhatsApp.
How Much Money Can Be Transferred through WhatsApp?
You can transfer 1 Lakh per day through WhatsApp.
Which Countries Use WhatsApp Pay?
WhatsApp pay is currently available in India and Brazil only.
Can I Send Money Internationally with WhatsApp?
No, you can’t send money internationally with WhatsApp.
Why WhatsApp Call Not Connecting?
If you can’t call on WhatsApp then you need to check your internet, restart WhatsApp app, update WhatsApp, allow call permission to WhatsApp, and clear the WhatsApp cache.
In this way, you can set up a bank account on WhatsApp using the above-mentioned steps or methods. Till now, you can only use WhatsApp Pay in Brazil and India but we hope it will soon be available around the globe too.
Do you like using WhatsApp to pay bills and send money?