ESPN Plus not working on Samsung TV|Roku|Firestick? Don’t worry there might be many reasons why it’s not working. ESPN Plus is a very popular channel among people who loves the sports like football, cricket, basketball, and especially UFC lovers.
Similar to other streaming services ESPN Plus also fails to work properly sometimes and the common problem is that affects all other platforms. Corrupted data, uncleared caches, glitches, slow internet connection, and outages can cause problems for ESPN Plus to load.
Somehow you can fix ESPN Plus not working on Andriod TV/Roku/Firestick. So, today in this article we will guide you on methods and steps you can take to fix your problem quickly and enjoy sports streaming on your Samsung TV, Roku, and Firestick.
Why is ESPN Plus Not Working on Samsung TV / Roku / Firestick
There might be many reasons why ESPN Plus not working properly on Samsung TV, Roku and Firestick. Some of the major issues are listed below.
- Samsung TV, Roku, or Firestick doesn’t support the application.
- Network Error
- Due to error in internet connection
- Not appropriate bandwidth speed
- Outdated software on the TV
- Due to uncleared caches and unbooted applications.
- Outdated software or application.
So these might be the issue in your Samsung TV, Roku, or Firestick. Once you know the reason behind not working ESPN on your device, below are the steps to fix ESPN not working.
Things to Make Sure to Fix ESPN Plus Not Working 2022
Before finding out the solution to fix the ESPN on your device, make sure once you check your internet connection and ESPN server/outage. To do so follow the method stated below.
Solution 1: Check your internet connection
Before taking any action check your internet connection on your TV.
To check whether the internet on the TV is working or not, open any application that usages an internet connection (for example Youtube).
If your Samsung, Roku, and Firestick render videos and support Youtube then your internet is working fine.
But sometimes due to the inappropriate bandwidth speed of the internet connection, you can see this issue.
To check the internet speed on your device,
- On your mobile device, open any web browser.
- Go to the Google search
- Type Speedtest in the search bar.
- Now, open the web application on your browser
- After that, tap on start to test your internet speed.
If your internet connection is working fine and has a good bandwidth then there is no issue with your internet connection.
Solution 2: Check for ESPN Server/outage
Sometimes due to the error and issue on the ESPN server, you may see ESPN not loading streaming videos on your Samsung smart TV, Roku, and Firestick. So, check whether ESPN Plus is down or not.
To know whether ESPN plus is down or not, go to the web application Downdetector or check ESPN Plus Twitter account for the new update and News.
Click here, to know the status of ESPN Plus outages from Downdetecor.
And to know about the ESPN update, News and help, go to the link: ESPN Plus Twitter account
So these are the methods to check whether the ESPN Plus server is down or not and update about outages.
Methods to Fix ESPN plus not working on Samsung Smart Tv and Roku
If there is no problem with your internet connection or ESPN server then here are the methods to fix ESPN plus not working on your Andriod smart TV and Roku.
Here are a few technical tips and a simple guide you can implement by yourself to fix ESPN not running. Follow the methods stated below.
Method 1: Power cycle your smart tv
The first method you can implement to fix the ESPN not working problem with a power cycle of your android smart TV.
Most of the time power cycle your android smart Television can fix the Espn not loading issue on your device. To power cycle your smart TV
- Turn off your android smart Tv.
- Now, press the power button for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- After that, get disconnected from your router and wait for 20 seconds.
- Now, turn on your router
- Once your router starts working, Turn on the smart TV.
- Now, connect your Samsung, Roku, or Firestick smart TV to your internet connection.
- Finally, lunch ESPN Plus on your Andriod smart TV.
These are the steps to power cycle your Android smart TV, still following the steps stated above you are not able to see the ESPN channel on your television then follow method 2.
Method 2: Reset Andriod smart hub settings
The next method to fix ESPN not working on your smart tv is by resetting your Andriod smart hub settings.
To reset your Android smart hub settings
- Open your Android smart TV.
- Now, press the Home button from your remote control.
- After that, use the directional pad on your remote and choose Settings.
- Now, go to the Support.
- After that, select Device Care.
- And choose Reset smart Hub
- Now, enter the PIN for your TV.
- After that, wait for a minutes
- Finally, your Android smart TV has been reset.
So, these are the quick and easy steps to reset the smart hub on Android Smart TV.
To reset the smart hub on a Samsung TV
- Open your Samsung Smart TV.
- From your remote, press the Home button.
- Now, select Settings to open the reset option.
- After that, go to Support and choose Device Care.
- Now, select the Reset Smart hub.
- And enter the PIN, if asked.
So, these are the easy steps to reset the smart hub on Samsung TV.
Even after resetting your smart TV, if you see a black screen on the ESPN Plus channel then you can reinstall the ESPN app on your smart tv.
Method 3: Reinstall ESPN app on Samsung smart tv and Roku
If there is any problem installing the ESPN App on your device then reinstalling the application can fix the issue of not working the ESPN channel on your smart tv. To do so:
Reinstall ESPN+ on your Roku TV
- Open your Roku TV.
- Go to the Roku home screen.
- Tap the ESPN app.
- Press the “*” Asterisk button from Remote.
- Now, click on the remove channel.
- After that, restart your Roku TV.
- Finally, search for ESPN+ and install it on your Roku TV.
There you go, these are the steps to reinstall your ESPN+ Channel on your Roku smart TV.
Still, if you are unable to play video on the ESPN app then try to reinstall the ESPN+ application.
Reinstall ESPN+ on your Samsung TV
- Open your Samsung TV.
- Navigate to Samsung TV’s app.
- Now, tap the Settings icon from the top right corner.
- After that, tap on the delete to remove ESPN app.
- Now, reboot your Samsung TV.
- After that, search for ESPN+ and install it on your Samsung smart TV.
There you go, these are the steps to reinstall your ESPN+ Channel on your Samsung smart TV.
If reinstalling the application on your Android Smart Tv doesn’t work ESPN+ channel on your device and ESPN videos not playing then try to clear the ESPN+ cache.
Clear ESPN + cache on Firetv/Firestick
If you have followed all the solutions and methods stated above but still couldn’t solve ESPN not working on your smart TV then clear ESPN+ cache data and force-stopping the application.
So below are the steps to clear the cache of ESPN Plus
- Open your Smart TV.
- Go to the Settings icon from home.
- Choose Application from the list.
- Now, scroll down and you will see the Installed application.
- After that, select ESPN + from the list.
- And tap Force stop also clear cache.
- After that, tap on the Clear data to remove all cache data of ESPN
So these are step-by-step procedures to clear all the cache data from your smart TV of ESPN plus channel.
How to Fix ESPN + not working on your Android Devices
If ESPN not working on any Android smart tv then don’t worry follow the steps stated below you can easily fix not working problem.
- Open Android Smart Tv.
- Navigate to home and choose Settings.
- Now, select all apps.
- After that go to ESPN from the list.
- Now, you will see a clear cache and data
- Navigate to clear cache and data from remote.
- And clear all the data from your Android Smart Tv.
Once you have cleared all the cache files and data from your Android Smart TV, turn off the smart tv and turn it back.
If still you are unable to load and play ESPN on your Smart TV then try reinstalling the application on your iOS and Android TV.
Reinstall ESPN Plus App on your iOS and Android device
If your ESPN plus app was working before and suddenly it stops to work then there might be some small issue that you can fix.
Reinstalling the ESPN application on your iOS and Android device can also fix the issue and it has very easy steps to follow. To do so
- Open your iOS or Android device.
- Go to the home screen.
- Choose the ESPN app.
- Press the “*” Asterisk button from Remote.
- Now, click on the remove channel.
- After that, restart your iOS or Android TV
- Finally, search for ESPN+ and install it on your iOS or Android device.
Now, go to the ESPN channel and check whether it’s working or not. If still not working then there might be some technical issue that you can’t fix.
You can take help from ESPN Plus customer service and ask them to fix your problem.
If ESPN Plus not working on Samsung TV|Roku|Firestick smart TV then it might be due to some technical, software, and hardware issues. Somehow you can fix the issue if you once know the issue.
So here in this article, we have stated all the possible reasons and how to fix the problem. Read the complete article to find out why ESPN not working on your smart TV and also fix it within a minute.
If you have any confusion or questions regarding this article then you can leave us a comment in the comment section below.
And you can also read other helpful guides and tips from our official website Fixing Guides.
Thank you for reading our article.