Did you back up all your games on Steam could? But now you want to delete game saves from Steam cloud? If you are losing out of space on the Steam cloud or your game is corrupted from time to time then it would be better for you to remove your Steam could integration.
To delete game saves from the Steam cloud you need to first disable the Steam cloud synchronization from the application and then delete the saved game files from the Steam folder on your PC. Other than this you can also, you also directly disconnect your cloud game from Steam after backing up the game on your computer.
So, today we will talk about the most simple way to delete Steam cloud saves from your Windows 10 PC.
Can You Delete Steam Cloud Save Game Files?
Steam allows you to save your progressing game data into its cloud server. In this way, you can play the same game from the last save on your different laptop or computer. All you need to do is access your Steam account using the same login credentials.
But you can also delete Steam cloud save game files if your cloud storage is getting full and have lots of other games to save that are important to you.
You can choose the game from your Steam account and stop saving its progress in the cloud storage. But when you stop the steam cloud sync to your saves then you will lose all your current game progress. Your removed cloud save games will be restored to default which is like purchasing a new game.
Where Are Steam Cloud Saves Stored?
All your Steam cloud saves are stored in the following folder “Steam\userdata\[SteamID]\7\”. You can also access your specific Steam cloud game through the game “AppIDs” which you have to find in the Steam folder.
So, all the games from the Steam cloud are stored in a single data over time which you can easily access and delete it permanently from your computer.
How to Access My Steam Cloud Saves?
There is a simple way to find your Steam cloud saves so that you can keep them in your system. For that, you have to download the saved files through a “View Steam Cloud” page area and access your Steam cloud saved games.
- Open your browser on your PC.
- Now, visit the “View Steam Cloud” webpage from the upper search bar.
- After that, log in to your Steam account.
- Next, search and select the cloud-saved games in the list or you can choose all of them.
- After selecting the game files then click on the “Show Files” option from the right side next to your selected game.
- Next, click on the “Download” button on the right side.
How to Backup Saved Games from Steam Cloud?
Before you move to terminate the game saved from Steam cloud, you have to keep the backup of all games. In this way, you won’t lose any game progress that are stored into the Steam cloud. However, if you don’t want to save the game back up but completely delete the cloud saves from Steam then directly move to the next topic down below.
- Open the Steam application on your computer.
- Now, click on the “Steam” option from the top left corner of the screen.
- There, select the “Backup and Restore Games” option from the list.
- Next, click o the “Backup currently installed programs” radio button and click on the “Next” button.
- After that, choose the game which you want to back up into your PC before deleting it from the cloud.
- Now, you have to select the disk folder on where you want to keep the backup files and click on the “Next” button.
- Here, locate the “File Size” and click on it drop-down option.
- Now, select the “DVD” and tap on the “Next” button.
- Finally, complete the backup process and move to the next topic once it’s done.
How to Delete Game Saves from Steam Cloud?
When you created backup files for all your Steam cloud saves now, you can start deleting all Steam cloud saves from your account. You can find different methods to delete Steam cloud save game files but we have mentioned the most simple one so that you won’t get trouble clearing your Steam cloud saves.
- Launch the Steam desktop application on your PC.
- After that, click on the “Steam” option from the upper header side.
- There, pick the “Settings” option from the drop-down list.
- Now, select the “Cloud” option from the left side that will give you access to your Steam cloud settings.
- Next, uncheck or disable the “Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization for applications which support it” check box or option.
- After that, click on the “Ok” button from the right bottom side.
- Next, exit the settings and then click on “Library” from the home screen.
- There, you have to select the game which you want to remove from the Steam cloud. On the left side menu.
- Right-click on the selected game and then click on the “Properties” option.
- Thereafter, select the “Local Files” option from the left side.
- Here, you have to click on the “Browse…” button.
- After locating the game folder on your PC, you have to open the “SNAppdata” folder.
- Now, you have to delete the “SavedGames” folder from the screen.
Remove Save Game Files from Steam Cloud Settings
You can still have another way to delete games saved from the Steam cloud permanently without causing an error. But before following the below steps, make sure to back up the game file which you don’t want to lose.
- Log in to your Steam desktop app on your PC.
- Now, click on the “Library” feature from the top header bar.
- There, choose the game from the left side menu which you want to unlink from your Steam cloud.
- After that, right-click on the game and then choose the “Properties” option.
- Now, click on the “General” option that is visible on the left side.
- Scroll down and then locate the “Steam Cloud” section.
- Next, uncheck “Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for your selected game”.
- Finally, save the changes to delete Steam cloud saves.
How to Reset Games on Steam?
When you have completed the entire game and want to pay it again from the beginning without the saved settings then you can reset the game. For that, you have to delete the saved game files from the Steam cloud and then relaunch the game.
So, you have turned off “Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization for applications which support it” from the Steam cloud settings and then delete your selected game “SavedGames” folder from your computer to reset the games on Steam.
Other than this, you can also keep the backup of the game and delete it completely from your computer without accessing your Steam account. Once the main game folder data is terminated then you can play the game from the beginning.
Why did Steam Cloud Delete My Saves?
There are tons of reasons why Steam cloud deleted your saves automatically. One thing you have to keep in mind is that Steam will automatically save all your games into their Cloud. If the cloud storage is full and no longer saves more game progress then it can automatically erase some of the game’s files.
If there is nothing to do with the cloud storage then here are the following reason why Steam cloud sync deleted your save file.
- Your Steam account is corrupted.
- Some of the games that are stored on the Steam cloud are corrupted which affects the other game data.
- You are using the outdated version of Steam.
- The steam cache folder is full.
- There is a server issue with Steam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is There a Quick Way to Delete Saves Off of the Steam Cloud?
You can simply disable the “Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for your selected game” option from your game properties that will instantly delete save off the Steam cloud.
Why is Steam Cloud Saving Not Syncing?
If your Windows firewall blocks the Steam application on your PC then Steam won’t sync its cloud saving.
How to Edit Steam Cloud Save?
You can’t edit your Steam cloud save.
What Steam Files Can I Delete?
You can delete everything on the Steam folder but not the “Steam.exe”, “Userdata” and “Steamapps” folders.
Why Is Steam Taking Up So Much Disk Space?
Steam will take your disk space when you use your Steam account every day because of the cache files (Duplicate data).
What Does Clearing Steam Download Cache Do?
Clearing the Steam download cache will eliminate the bugs, free up Steam space and improve the speed and performance of Steam.
In this way, you can easily delete game saves from Steam cloud and free up Steam cloud storage. Moreover, you can also save the other game files in your cloud from being corrupted and losing saving progress.
But don’t forget to keep the backup game data from Steam whenever you are clearing game files from the Steam cloud.