Do you want to reinstall Steam without deleting games from your steam account?
To reinstall Steam without deleting games, there are many ways to save your game or backup your games on Steam before you uninstall and reinstall steam on your device. So the best option is to back up your games and steam folder and files before you re-install the Steam software.
If you don’t know how to back up games and save the steam games on your PC and Laptop then don’t worry because in today’s article “How Do I Reinstall Steam Without Deleting Games” we will state the process and steps to do so. So, stay with us and read the full article mentioned below.
Table of Contents
Process 1: How Do I Reinstall Steam Without Deleting Games
If you directly uninstall the steam software then you will delete all the games from your Steam software so below are the process and steps to reinstall steam without deleting games on your device.
Way 1: Use the backup and restore feature on Steam
You can use the backup and restore feature on steam to save your games. Here are the steps to use the backup and restore feature on Steam, follow the steps before you reinstall the steam software on your device.
- Open the Steam software on your device.
- Now, click Steam from the top-left.
- After that, choose Backup and Restore Games…
- Now, click the radio button Backup currently installed programs.
- After that, tap on the NEXT button.
- Now, choose all the games you want to save and create a backup on steam.
- After that, click the Next button.
- Finally, choose the location path you want to create a backup for steam games.
You can name the backup file and customize size settings, and click NEXT.
Once you have selected all the games you want to restore on steam and successfully created a backup on steam, you can reinstall the steam software without removing game information and data.
Restore backup games after re-installing the Steam
To restore all the games back on your steam account after reinstalling Steam, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the steam software on your device.
- Now, go to Steam from the top-left.
- After that, choose Backup and Restore Games…
- Now, click the radio button of Restore a previous backup.
- After that, click on the NEXT button.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction to recover the backup games on Steam.
So these are the steps to restore and recover your games on Steam after reinstalling the Steam software.
Way 2: Make a copy of the SteamApps Folder & Files
On steam, you can create a copy of the SteamApps folder & file backup and save your games on steam without deleting them before uninstalling the steam software.
Here are the steps to make a copy of the SteamApps Folders and Files on steam, follow the steps before you reinstall the steam software on your device.
- First of all, go to the Steam folder from your device.
- Now, go to the path: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\ and copy the folder.
- After that, paste the copied folder somewhere in a safe place.
- Now, Uninstall the Steam Software.
- After that, Install the steam software back on your device.
- Now, once you have successfully installed steam on your device.
- Go to the path: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\
- After that, paste the previously copied files into the folder.
- Finally, open steam to play the save games.
So these are the steps to create a copy of the SteamApps folder & file in the device and recover the games back on your steam account after reinstalling the steam software.
Process 2: How to Reinstall Steam Without Losing Games Windows
To reinstall steam without losing games on Windows, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open steam on your windows.
- Go to steam from the top.
- Click Backup and Restore Games…
- Create backup files to restore them later.
- Now, close the steam software.
- After that go to the Apps and features.
- Now, choose steam software.
- After that, click Uninstall button.
- And restart your Windows PC.
- Finally, get Steam on your Windows 10 PC from its official website.
So these are the steps to reinstall steam without losing games on Windows.
Process 3: How to Reinstall Steam Without Losing Games Mac
To reinstall steam without losing games on MAC, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the steam app on your MAC device.
- Go to steam from the top and create a backup for games
- Close the steam from your MAC.
- Now, go to the Finder and search applications.
- After that, find the Steam App.
- Now, tap the right-click from the mouse and choose Move to Bin.
- After that, delete all the leftover files and folders from the steam app.
- Now from the finder, choose Go to the Folder
- After that, enter Library/Application Support.
- Remove steam from Go to Folder, Send to Bin.
- Finally, empty the trash from your MAC and re-download it.
So these are the steps to reinstall steam without losing games on your MAC.
Process 4: How to Uninstall and Reinstall Steam From Control Panel
Once you remove/uninstall steam from the control panel, you can’t download steam from the control panel. But you can uninstall the Steam software from your PC or Laptop and reinstall steam from the official website.
Follow the steps to Uninstall and Reinstall Steam from Control Panel:
- Open the Control panel on your Windows PC or Laptop.
- Now, Click on Uninstall a program or Add or Remove Programs
- After that locate on Program on your device.
- Now, click Uninstall, Uninstall/Change, or Remove buttons.
- Finally, uninstall Steam from the control panel.
- Now, go to the Steam official home page.
- After that, click on the Install button to reinstall the steam app on your device.
So these are the steps to Uninstall and Reinstall Steam from Control Panel.
If I reinstall Steam will I lose my saved games?
Yes, when you re-install your steam software from your PC or Laptop then you will lose your saved games.
If you haven’t backup your games and steam files and folder on your device when uninstall and re-install the Steam software all of your games will be deleted and it will start from the beginning. Somehow from the Steam files and folder, you can find some games on your steam account.
You can save and backup all the games and steam files and folders to protect your game on the steam software. If you have a backup of the games you can recover your games on the Steam software. Even if your games are deleted while re-installing steam you can easily copy the backup and paste the backup files into reinstalled Steam files and folder to load your old games.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
1. How do I reinstall Steam games without downloading them again?
You can create a Backup for games to restore Games on Steam without downloading them again and reinstall the Steam games.
2. How do I reinstall Steam?
You can completely uninstall the Steam software from your Laptop or PC and go to the official website of Steam and get the Steam software for your Mac and Windows device.
3. Can you reinstall Steam games?
Yes, you can reinstall steam games, if you have created a backup or copied the Steam Game folder and files before deleting the steam app from your PC or Laptop.
Steam provides features to back up and Restore Games… within the Steam software. Before uninstalling the steam app from your device, create a backup if you want to reinstall steam without deleting games from your account. There are many ways to create a backup of the game, as we have stated in this article.
Hope this article was helpful for your to solve your problem.
Go to the Steam category for more helpful guides on Steam Software and App.
Thanks for reading this article.