Steam is then the best platform to download all types of games for free and paid at an affordable rate. It is a secure platform that most people prefer because all your personal data such as bank debit or credit card is safe and encrypted. Besides, you can also delete Steam anytime you want and reinstall it. But does uninstalling Steam delete games?
When you delete Steam from your PC then it will remove all the downloaded and saved games from your account. You won’t be able to find your saved files anymore if you uninstall your Steam account.
But you can recover all your downloaded games when you reinstall Steam and log in to your account. So, today we will talk about everything about steam uninstalling Steam without losing your games and saved data.
Does Uninstalling Steam Delete Games?
When you want to get rid of Steam from your PC then you have to uninstall it. It will wipe everything that was downloaded to your accounts such as games and files. So, uninstalling Steam also deletes games from your PC.
For example, when you purchase the game on Steam then it will be available in your ‘Steam Library.’ From there, you can download the game and run it on your PC. When you download games from Steam then it will create a separate file on your desktop by connecting with your Steam account. So, if you remove the Steam app from your PC then it will also delete all the games that are connected with it.
However, you can reinstall Steam without deleting games if you don’t want to lose the game’s files on your desktop. In this way, you don’t have to download the game over and over again on Steam and keep it on your PC.
How to Backup and Restore Games on Steam?
When you want to delete Steam but don’t want to delete games then you can simply backup the game’s files on Steam. In this way, you can re-download the games on your PC from Steam later on when you reinstall steam.
So, follow the following steps to keep the backup files of Steam games before deleting the Steam account or app on your desktop.
- Launch the Steam desktop app on your PC.
- Log in to your Steam account using the username and password.
- Now, click on the “Steam” button which you can find in the upper left corner of the display.
- Next, select the “Backup and Restore Games” option from the list.
- Now, you have to choose the folder or location where you want to keep the backup files of Steam games.
- After selecting the destination of the backup game then click on the “Next” button.
- Now, wait for a few minutes until Steam completely backups the game files on your desktop.
When the backup is completed then you can simply uninstall a Steam app from your system. In this way, you won’t lose the games which you’ve purchased on Steam because you can restore it back later on when you reinstall Steam again.
How to Uninstall Steam on PC?
If you back up the game data which you’ve purchased on your Steam then you can remove the Steam app from your laptop. In this way, Steam will only delete the game file from your PC but not from your Steam account. So, if you re-download the Steam and access your account with login details then you can re-download the games from your Steam library.
Now, follow the following steps to remove the Steam app from your Windows PC or laptop.
- Go to the Windows Search bar from the bottom left side of the home screen.
- There, type “Control Panel” and hit enter.
- Now, click on the “Uninstall a Program” button under the ‘Programs’ section on the left bottom side.
- Next, search for the “Steam” application in the system among the list of all apps.
- Once you find the Steam app then click on it.
- Now, click on the “Uninstall” option from the upper side next to the ‘Organize’ section.
- After that, confirm the request and then delete the entire files and data of Steam from your PC.
How to Uninstall Steam on Android and iPhone?
Steam is also available on mobile devices which you can download on your Android and iPhone. But mobile version of the Steam app comes with limited features only such as chat, notifications, store, community, Steam library, Steam guard, and confirmations.
However, if you access the Steam account from your mobile browser then you can use the full features of Steam which you can access it on your PC or desktop. So, if you don’t like to keep the Steam app on your Android or iPhone for some reason then you can delete it.
Note: Uninstalling the Steam app on your mobile won’t affect your Steam account because it is just a little portion of your original Steam which you can access on your desktop.
Delete Steam App on Android Device
If you are an Android user then you can simply follow the following process to remove the Steam app from your system.
- Go to your device settings.
- Now, locate and open the “Apps” options from the settings.
- Next, select “Manage Apps” from the list.
- After that, you have to tap on the “Uninstall” button from the top left side of the screen.
- There, search and locate the “Steam” application.
- Once you find the Steam app then select it.
- Finally, tap on the “Uninstall” button from the bottom side to terminate it from your Android device.
Delete Steam App on iPhone Device
If you are an iPhone user then you can simply follow the following process to remove the Steam app from your device.
- Locate the Steam app on your home screen.
- After that, long-tap on the “Steam” application.
- Now, tap on the red “X” icon on the Steam app icon.
- Next, you have to tap on “Delete” which will remove the app.
What Happens to My Games If I Uninstall Steam?
When you uninstall Steam from your system then it will remove everything that is associated with your Steam account on your PC or mobile. You won’t be able to open and play games on your PC because Steam will delete the original files of the game from your system.
But if you’ve downloaded games from other third-party websites or tools then deleting Steam won’t do anything to your installed games. It will only delete the games that are linked with your Steam account and that you’ve downloaded from Steam.
If I Delete Steam, Will I Keep My Games?
Yes, you can keep your games on your PC even though you delete the Steam app. But you have to first ‘backup and restore Steam games’ in your steam before uninstalling the Steam application. This will keep the original files of games on your PC that you’ve purchased and installed on your Steam.
But you can’t play the games even though you keep the backup files of it unless you reinstall the Steam app. This is because the game is connected with your Steam account so until you activate your Steam you can’t install and play the games.
So, the best thing to do if you want to play Steam games is to download the Steam on your PC and then restore the previous backup game files in your Steam account.
How to Uninstall Steam Games?
Steam allows you to download as many games in your account without any limitation. But when you keep installing random games on Steam then it will consume the storage on your PC. This is because Steam is directly connected to your computer and all the games which you purchase and download on Steam will be stored on your desktop.
So, you can delete the Steam games which you don’t play anymore or complete playing so that you can free up some space on your Windows 10 PC.
- Open the Steam application in your Windows.
- Now, click on the “Library” button from the top left header side.
- Next, locate and select the game which you want to remove from Steam on the left side menu under the “All” option.
- After that, click on the game which you want to delete.
- Now, select the “Manage” option from the drop-down menu.
- The next thing you have to do is click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Now, you will have to click on the “Uninstall” button in the pop-up windows.
Does Uninstalling Steam Game Free Up Space?
When you purchase and download games on your Steam then it will be automatically downloaded to your PC as well. Steam is directly connected to your desktop because it doesn’t have its own separate storage to keep the games. So, if you uninstall games on Steam then it will also free up space on your computer.
Following that, you will find a separate ‘Steam’ folder on your desktop under ‘C: disk’. There you will find the entire data and files of your Steam account along with the games associated with it.
So, this will clearly provide an answer to ‘Does uninstalling Steam delete games’. When you delete Steam then it will wipe out everything that is stored in a steam folder which you can find on your computer.
Why Can’t I Find Steam to Uninstall?
There are various reasons why you can’t steam an application on your PC in order to delete it. If you have downloaded the Steam desktop app from the official Steam website then it won’t bring any trouble for you to access and remove the Steam app from Windows 10 PC.
So, here are a few reasons that prevent you from finding and uninstalling the Steam app on your desktop.
- Your PC is infected with a virus or malware.
- Your system file is corrupted for some reason.
- There is a harmful extension that is installed in your browser.
- You are using the infected app or software on your computer.
- Your Windows 10 PC requires the latest version of the update.
- There is a slow internet connection on your PC.
- You’ve to find the Steam app from your control panel>uninstall a program>steam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will I Lose My Games If I Uninstall Steam?
Yes, you will lose your downloaded and installed games on your PC when you delete Steam.
Does Steam Keep My Save Games?
No, Steam won’t automatically keep your saved games because you have to manually keep a backup file of your all Steam games.
Is It Safe to Uninstall and Reinstall Steam?
Yes, it is completely safe to uninstall and reinstall Steam but you have to keep backup files of the Steam games on your desktop at first.
What Happens If I Delete My Steam Library?
When you delete your Steam library then it will also delete all the games which you’ve purchased and downloaded on Steam.
Till now you have the answer to your question ‘Does uninstalling Steam delete games’ or not? So, the answer to that question is yes and you have to make up your mind before removing Steam from your Windows 10 PC. If you don’t want to lose your Steam games then simply keep the backup files under your desktop.
How to Find Out If My Friend is Online on Steam