Have you ever used the Telegram sticker in chat or secret chat with someone? If yes then there is a new way to use stickers in Telegram. Now you can add an animated sticker in your Telegram chat message that works just like a GIF but in a better version. But somehow users can’t use it for some reason so today you will learn on how to fix the Telegram animated stickers not working issue.
If you can’t use animated stickers on Telegram then you have to clear the app cache, check your internet connection, update the Telegram, log out and log in to your account, and force stop the Telegram application.
This will fix the issue most of the time if the problem is not so deep but if there is a bug or other things then you have to follow other different methods. So, make sure to read the complete article and solve Telegram sticker-related issues.
How to Add Sticker in Telegram Chat?
You can use stickers in Telegram from your chat message with someone or your friends. When you first download Telegram and create an account you can access all the feature that is available in the app.
And animated or moving stickers is also one of them which you can send and receive from anybody. Now, here are the steps to add animated stickers to Telegram secret message.
- Open the Telegram app on your mobile phone which can be Android or iPhone.
- Next, select the chat message of a person to whom you want to send the sticker.
- After that, tap on the “Emoji” icon which you can find at the bottom left side in the typing section.
- Now, tap on “Rectangular Emoji” on the bottom middle side in the right section.
- There, you have to choose the animated or moving sticker which you like to send.
- If you want to add other various animated stickers then search it from the upper right that shows you the “Sticker sets”.
- You have to type the name of the sticker or any word in the search bar and then add the whole sticker package.
Why is Telegram Animated Stickers Not Working?
There are various reasons why stickers and gifs not loading on Telegram. If you are using the outdated version of the app or using the VPN on your device then you may not find Telegram animated stickers.
Whatever the issue is, we will find out the reason why you can’t send stickers on the Telegram app.
1. Telegram Server is Down
The first reason why you can use stickers on Telegram is because of the server. If you try to send the sticker in the message but can’t see any sticker available then there is a high chance that the Telegram server is down.
When the Telegram server is down then you will see a blank in the sticker pack. You can’t even use the GIFs or animated stickers in the chat message. The stickers will not load until Telegram fix their server issue from their side.
2. You Are Out of Storage
Device storage also plays an important role in your Telegram account. When you start using your account every day the size of Telegram will also increase based on your use. That is because of the chat message, calls, stickers, gifs, groups, channels, and more with which you interact in your account.
When there is a lack of space for Telegram on your device then it will start to cause trouble. You may find that features are acting all weird and don’t work from time to time. In the worst-case scenario, Telegram will stop opening or working when you try to access it.
3. There is an Internet Issue in Your Phone
Telegram perfectly works on a slow internet connection but it will not load on unstable internet. If your Wi-Fi connection is breaking from time to time that is passing the breakage connection then you will see the issue.
There always should be a reliable connection that passes in your Wi-Fi signal. You can have slow internet but it should be stable at least to load and run Telegram.
4. You are Accessing Telegram Account in Multiple Devices
We have found that if you use your same Telegram account on multiple devices then it will cause an issue. For example, you have to send the chat message, load the stickers, and gifs, access or download the links from groups or channels
5. Outdated Telegram Application
Using an outdated version of Telegram is not so good for you in a long run. Suppose, there is a new version of the sticker of GIF available In the new version. But if you still use the older version pack then it can cause the problem. Either you can’t load the sticker package or you can’t access and send them.
How to Fix Telegram Animated Stickers Not Working Issue?
In nutshell, there is no exact solution if you can load or send stickers on the Telegram app. This means you have to try out all the possible solutions and find out which method works for you that helps to solve the issue.
1. Check Your Wi-Fi Connection
The first thing which you have to look after if the Telegram animated sticker not working is to examine your internet connectivity. There can be a problem with your Wi-Fi connection or the whole internet server.
If you are connected to the public internet then there’s nothing you can do to. But if you are on your home internet then you can try to troubleshoot by yourself. Simply remove the main wire of the router and plug it back in after 20 seconds.
In meantime, you can use your mobile data and check the GIFs or stickers in Telegram whether you can access them or not.
2. Restart Your Telegram App
Have you ever seen a black space or sticker stuck on loading on Telegram? If yes then you have to reboot the app. When you first open the app then it may be connected to its server properly. This is a common issue that you can feel it any time in your account.
So, simply close the app on your mobile phone and open it again. This time check your internet as well as Telegram server status. For that, you can visit the “DownDetector” website and then examine the app sever.
3. Clear Telegram Cache
When animated stickers don’t work on secret chat on Telegram then you have to clear the cage. The working process of cache is to store the duplicate data of your account so that it can load faster the next time you use it.
But the cache also malfunctions the overall system sever and makes it inaccessible. So, here are the steps to clear the cache of Telegram on Android and iPhone.
- Launch the Telegram application.
- Tap on the “Three Lines” from the upper left corner of the screen.
- Now, select the “Settings” option from the list.
- There, tap on the “Data and Storage” option.
- After that, choose the “Storage Usage” feature under ‘Disk and network usage.
- Now, tap on the “Clear Telegram Cache” button under the ‘Device storage’ section.
- Finally, tap on the “Clear Cache” button and done.
4. Free Up Storage for Telegram
Did you know that if you don’t have enough storage on your device for Telegram you will see the issue in your account? When you are about to send the sticker or any media files in the chat then you will see the error message that ‘You don’t have sufficient space.’
If not then you can’t send the animated sticker to your friends. The same thing also occurs when you try to open the images, videos, or stickers from someone in the chat.
So, the best way is to either clear the Telegram cache or switch the actual location of the Telegram app to another location. For that, you can add and install external storage or SD card on your phone.
5. Restart Your Device
You can restart your mobile phone if Telegram animated stickers not working. When the app blocks the old fresh data from loading in the server then you will see the problem in the app. So, when you restart your device then your phone will reallocate the memory for all installed apps. In this way, you can easily fix the issue of Telegram not working.
Update Telegram App
You have to make sure that your device is up-to-date. This means when there is an update for Telegram then you can update it properly so that it can load the fresh data into your account by eliminating old data.
Update Telegram App on iPhone
- Launch the “App Store” on your iPhone.
- There, tap on the “Today” option on the screen.
- Now, go to your profile area from the bottom upper side.
- Next, look after the Telegram new update under ‘Available Updates’
Update Telegram App on Android Phone
- Access the “Google Play Store” on Android.
- Tap on your profile icon from the upper side.
- Now, tap on the “Manage App & device” option.
- After that, select the “Manage” tab and then “Update available”
- There locate and update the Telegram app.
6. Download Official Application
You don’t have to use the Apk version of Telegram on your device. When you install Telegram from third-party websites then you will find stickers showing blank in chat on Telegram.
So, make sure to use the official version of Telegram on your mobile phone and log in to your account.
7. Re-install Telegram App
If you can’t solve the animated sticker not working on the Telegram problem then you have to uninstall the app. After that, download a fresh version from the store.
Download Telegram App for Android
- Delete the current version of Telegram.
- Go to the “Google Play Store”.
- Now, type “Telegram” in the top search bar.
- There, open Telegram and install it.
Download Telegram App for iPhone
- Run the “App Store” on your iPhone.
- Search for the Telegram app on the upper side.
- Tap on the “Get” button.
- Now, download and install Telegram on iPhone.
8. Contact Telegram Customer Service
There is also a way to reach the Telegram support team if you have any issues with your account. When you can’t solve the error by yourself then you have to reach for the helpdesk of the app to fix Telegram Animated Stickers Not Working.
Telegram Customer Support Page
How to Add Your Own Stickers to Telegram App?
You can add stickers to your chat message of someone easily without any trouble. A sticker is a great way to start a conversation with someone and also helps you in your boring time when you don’t feel like chatting.
- Run your Telegram account.
- Choose the person to chat with whom you want to share the sticker.
- Now, tap on the “Emoji” icon on the bottom left side.
- There select your favorite sticker and tap to send.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Telegram Stickers be Free to Use?
Yes, you can use stickers on Telegram for free.
How to Get Animated Stickers for Telegram?
To get an animated sticker for Telegram you have to open the chat box> emoji icon> select sticker.
Are Telegram Animated Stickers and GIFs Same?
No, animated stickers and GIFs are not the same.
Can Telegram Stickers Use WhatsApp?
Yes, you can easily use Telegram stickers on WhatsApp.
How Do You Add a GIF to Telegram Sticker Pack?
You can add the GIFs to the Telegram sticker pack from the ‘Lottie Editor’ tool.
How to Use Telegram Animated Stickers Without After Effects?
You can’t use animated stickers without the effect but you can select a normal sticker pack.
At last, you can follow the abovementioned solutions to fix the Telegram animated stickers not working problem on your mobile phone. Not all the users are stuck in the same place so you have to follow different methods.
Besides, don’t ever use the VPN service on your phone that will cause the main issue.
Which sticker pack do you like the most on Telegram?
How to Change Telegram Channel from Private to Public?
How to Delete Multiple Messages on the Telegram app?
How Do I Make Video or Voice Calls on Telegram?
How to Start Encrypted Secret Chat with Someone on Telegram?