You can create a Telegram channel for your business, personal twitch, Discord, and more. The channel is a great way to spread awareness of your products and certain stuff just like the Facebook group or Instagram account. Besides, you can change Telegram channel from private to public and vice-versa.
To change your Telegram private channel to the public you have to access your channel profile. Then, tap on the “pencil” icon to access its settings and change the ‘Channel Type’ of your choice. This will immediately make an effect based on the saved settings of your channel.
Similarly, when switching your Telegram channel then all your channel settings will also change and you will find it slightly different. So, in this article, we will talk about the Telegram channel in detail and how you can customize your channel according to your needs.
What is Telegram Channel and How Does It Work?
The Telegram channel is just like a Facebook group where you can share your personal things as well as business products. It allows you to add members up to 200 in a single channel of your choice.
Similarly, the Telegram channel can only access by the creator admin, unlike the group. If you have a Telegram group then every member can share, send messages, anddo other stuff but in the channel, only the author can publish the content.
This is why the Telegram channel is similar to the page although you have made your channel both private and public.
When you create a channel in Telegram then you can add members who are known as ‘Subscribers’. They can join your channel via an invitation link or you can manually add them. You can also share your channel link to unknown people via social media accounts, SMS, email, and more.
If the Telegram channel is public the people can simply search for your channel name and join it. But if there is a private channel then they will need an invite link which you have to share. As long as you accept the invitation, no one can view the content on your channel.
Besides, only the administrator can post content on the channel of Telegram. Saying that you can make channels of games, movies, series, tech info, plugins, websites, blog, and more. You can choose any topic and create a channel of it.
Can You Make Telegram Channel from Private to Public?
Yes, you can easily convert your private Telegram channel to public and vice-versa. When you have a private channel then only you can add the members or people of your choice through an invitation link. No one can access your private channel until accepting the request.
But if you make your Telegram channel from private to public then anyone can join your channel using your channel username or display name. All you have to do is go to the search bar and then type the name of the channel which you want to join.
Even though there is a public channel you can’t post anything on it which you can easily do it on the Telegram group. You can only access and view the content and information on it and like or share it.
If you don’t like the channel then you will have full authority to leave and join other private and public channels of your choice. Similar to that, the admin can also remove the subscriber or members from their own channel.
How to Change Telegram Channel from Private to Public?
There is a simple technique to convert your private Telegram channel to the public anytime you want. If you have such content or information which you like to share with the public and increase awareness then you can simply change your channel type.
Once you change your channel type to the public then anyone can search it from the search bar and join it without requesting it. You also don’t have to accept the request from someone which will save a lot of time if you are dealing with content improvement.
Apart from that, even though you change your channel from private to public then you can only add 200 members or subscribers. There is no way to add more than 200 members to the Telegram channel.
In case, you want to add more members and share your content to a mass audience for traffic and engagement then you can create a Telegram group.
How to Change Telegram Private Channel to Public on Android Device?
There is an Android version of Telegram which you can download on your device and create an account on it. To create a Telegram account you will need to provide your valid phone number and your username.
Once the account is created then you can late on create a channel only using the ‘Channel name’ and Description’.
So, here are the steps to change Telegram channel from private to public on Android phones.
- Launch the Telegram app on your Android phone.
- Now, access your channel profile which you can find in your home display.
- If you can’t locate your channel then you can simply search it from the upper right “Search Icon”.
- Once you access your Telegram channel then tap to open it.
- Next thing is to tap on your channel name from the top side.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Pencil” icon that is located at the top right side of the channel profile.
- In the channel settings, you have to select the “Channel Type” option under the ‘Description’ section.
- Now, tap on the “Public Channel” radio button under the ‘Channel type’ section on the top side.
- After that, type the “Public Link” of your channel and you use any word that should be longer than 5 words.
- Once you choose the public channel and provide its link then tap on the “Tick-mark” icon from the upper right corner of the screen.
How to Change Telegram Private Channel to Public on iPhone Device?
You can also use Telegram on an iPhone device in a simple way just like on Android. You just need to register for a new account and then you are good to go. So, if you already have a Telegram channel then here are the steps to switch from a private to a public channel on iPhone.
- Access your created Telegram channel from your home screen.
- Now, a single tap on your private channel profile picture.
- There, you have to tap on the “Edit” option which you can find on the top right side.
- In the settings area of the channel, you have to tap on “Channel type”.
- After that, select the “Public Channel” type.
- Now, enter the “permalink” for your public channel.
- Once done then simply save your settings and refresh the Telegram app.
How to Change Telegram Channel from Private to Public on PC?
You can also access Telegram on your laptop or PC using the Telegram desktop app or telegram web. If you don’t like to use the mobile version of Telegram for some reason and you constantly use your laptop for work purposes then access your Telegram account side by side.
In this way, you can work with Telegram and manage your work without your mobile phone. Besides, the Telegram desktop app and Telegram web has the same feature so you can use anyone based on your needs.
In this section, I will give you the demo to change your private Telegram channel to the public using the Telegram web (Browser Version)
- Launch your browser on your PC or laptop.
- Now, open the official user website of Telegram web from the upper search bar.
- After that, log in to your account if you are a first-time user of the web version of Telegram.
- Now, click on the channel name which you can find on the left side of the home screen.
- Next, click on your channel “Display name” from the top side.
- There, click on the “Pencil” icon from the upper right corner.
- Now, select the “Channel Type” in the list.
- Thereafter, select the “Public Channel” type and then enter the channel link of your choice.
- After setting the permalink for the public channel then click on the blue “Tick-mark” button from the bottom right corner.
How to Change Telegram Public Channel to Private?
If you want to change Telegram public channel to private then you have to simply reverse the above-mentioned process in your mobile or desktop version of Telegram. Just choose the ‘Private Channel’ option and then save it.
But if you are confused then here is the demo for it.
- Open your Telegram account using the login details.
- Now, open your Telegram channel from the chat screen.
- There, tap on your channel name.
- Now, tap on the “Pencil” icon on the right side for Android and “Edit” for iPhone.
- Next, tap on “Channel Type” and then choose “Private Channel”.
- Finally, save your changes.
How to Join Telegram Channel?
You can join the Telegram channel in two ways: using the ‘Invite link’ and ‘Channel name’. If there is a private Telegram channel then you must have to use the channel link and request to join it. But for the public channel, you just have to search for the name of the channel which you want to use and join it without any permission.
You can download movies or videos on Telegram from the channel and group which you join. Similar to that, there are other tons of channels that you can use for information, data, entertainment, services, and more.
It doesn’t matter if there is a private channel or a public channel. If its content is good then you can subscribe to them easily. But if you can’t join the Telegram public channel then its limitation of members is full. So, you have to look for other similar channels.
At last, to join Telegram private channel, use the link and join it. And for the public channel, search for the channel in your account and subscribe it freely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to View Telegram Channel Members?
To see your Telegram channel member or a subscriber you need to open your channel and then go to its settings by tapping on the profile image. After that, tap on the “Subscriber” or “Members” option and view the list of members.
How to Share Telegram Channel Link?
To share the Telegram channel link you have to open your Telegram channel settings and then copy the link of the channel. After that, go to the destination and paste it.
How Do You Know If a Telegram Channel is Public or Private?
To know if the Telegram channel is public or private you need to locate the channel and tap on its ‘display name’ or ‘profile icon’. There you will see the channel type under the username.
Why Can’t I Create a Channel on Telegram?
If you can’t create a channel on Telegram then examine your internet status, clear your Telegram cache, restart the Telegram app, check the Telegram server, and reinstall Telegram messenger.
Can I Change My Telegram Channel to Group?
No, you can’t change your Telegram channel to group.
How to Make Telegram Channel Read Only?
You can’t set your Telegram channel to read-only.
At last, you can follow the above-mentioned steps to change Telegram channel from private to public easily. You just need to have your own channel which you can access and then you can customize it according to your needs. So, make your way and convert the Telegram channel.
Do you like Telegram or WhatsApp?
How to Delete Multiple Messages on the Telegram app?
Why Telegram Voice Message Not Working?
How To Delete A Contact In Telegram?
How to Save Videos from Telegram to Gallery?