You can use Telegram for free messaging with your friends and other people from around the world. To use Telegram you have to enter your phone number which also implies for adding people. If you want to talk with someone on Telegram then you must have their number or find people nearby using location. But you can also delete contact in Telegram if you don’t like to talk with them anymore.
To delete contacts on Telegram you have to locate and open your friend’s profile by tapping on their profile image and then tap on the ‘Three Dots’ icon. After that, tap on ‘Delete Contact’ and it will remove that person from your Telegram account.
But what if you want to get rid of all Telegram contacts at once? If you have your device contacts sync in Telegram then you can remove them in a single shot without the manual process. It can be done in both the mobile apps and the Telegram desktop app.
So, today we will talk everything about removing Telegram contacts or friends in various ways both temporary and permanent.
What is Telegram Contacts and How Does It Work?
Telegram contacts is basically your friend list on Telegram which you have to add them. When you create a Telegram account then it will ask you to sync your device contacts so that they will automatically add them to your Telegram.
When you sync your phone contacts then you can find who is on Telegram on your home display. In other words, if someone uses Telegram then their profile will be visible in your Telegram ‘Contacts’ section or in the home screen.
In this way, you can start conversations with your phone contacts and send them a message or make a call. Similar to that, you can also add more people to your Telegram account using a mobile number and send them a request to join Telegram even though they don’t have one.
Besides, if you don’t a number of someone then you can simply invite them using your Telegram code or invite link in an SMS, social media accounts, mail, discord, and more. You can also add a phone number to your device and send them a direct invite link.
How to Delete Contact in Telegram?
If you have way too many contacts in your Telegram which are added from your phone contacts then you can remove them. You can either remove your Telegram contact manually or wipe all of them at once.
When there is an individual person who is disturbing you each time by sending you a message or making call then it would be better if you remove them one by one. However, if you want to start a fresh beginning from the bottom instead of deleting your account then you can delete contact in Telegram permanently at once.
But you should not forget that if your Telegram ‘Sync Contact’ is still enabled then no matter how many times you remove your Telegram contacts they will be automatically available or added to your account.
Therefore, you have to first disable your ‘Sync Contacts’ feature and then remove your friends individually or at the same time.
How to Delete Contacts on Telegram on Android?
You can use Telegram on your Android device after downloading from the ‘Google Play Store’. The Telegram app is first available for Android mobile and later on they have tested in other devices as well.
So, here are the simple steps to delete contact in Telegram on an Android phone in the following steps.
Note: Make sure to update your Telegram application before following the below-mentioned steps.
- Launch your Telegram app on your device.
- Tap on the “Three Lines” from the upper left corner of the screen.
- Now, select “Contacts” from the drop-down menu list.
- There, you will find all your Telegram conatcts list which you have to choose one to remove from your account.
- So, tap on your contact username or profile icon.
- Next, tap on their “Profile Picture” from the top left side.
- Now, tap on the “Three Dots” icon which you can find on the upper right side.
- There, select the “Delete Contact” option.
Steps to Delete Multiple Contacts in Telegram on Android
There is also multiple ways to remove your Telegram contacts from your account. Deleting the contacts one by one will take a lot of time if you want to remove all of them. So, you can simply use the permanent solution and remove your Contacts on Telegram in bulk in a single shot.
So, follow the following steps to delete multiple contacts in Telegram on an Android device.
- Open your Telegram app on your phone.
- Tap on the “Three Lines” icon which you can find in the top left corner.
- Now, you have to choose the “Settings” option from the list to access your Telegram settings area.
- In the settings section, you have to select the “Privacy and Security” option.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom and then toggle off the “Sync Contacts” button under ‘Contacts’ section.
- After that, simply tap on the “Delete Synced Contacts” option.
- Finally, tap on the “Delete” red button and you are good to go.
How to Delete Contacts on Telegram on iPhone?
There is even a simple step to remove Telegram contacts on your iPhone device. All you have to do is locate your friend profile and then terminate it from your account.
Note: If you don’t want to see your deleted contacts on Telegram in the future then you have to disable ‘Sync Contacts’ option from your account settings.
- Run your Telegram app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Contacts” button from the bottom left corner of the home display.
- Now, search for the username or name of a person which you want to remove.
- After that, open their contact or chat message.
- Now, you have to tap on their “Username Icon” from the top right corner.
- Next, tap on the “Edit” option which is again located at the upper right side.
- Now, select the “Delete” button to terminate them.
- Finally, tap on the “Delete Contacts” button and confirm.
Steps to Delete Multiple Contacts in Telegram on iPhone
Just like on the Android device, you can remove multiple Telegram contacts at once on iPhone if you don’t want to talk to them anymore. When you are about to start your business profile from the same number instead of using new then you can simply cancel your friends permanently and only add limited people for your business product.
- Access your Telegram account.
- Tap on the “Settings” gear icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, select the “Privacy and Security” option in the settings list.
- After that, disable the “Sync Contacts” button.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Delete Synced Contacts” option.
How to Delete Contacts on Telegram on PC/Desktop?
There is a way to use Telegram on your PC or laptop using the “Telegram Desktop app” or from its official website. You will have your own choice of whether you want the app version or the browser version.
Whichever option you choose on your desktop, the Telegram desktop version has similar features and options. So, now you can follow the following steps to delete contact in Telegram on a PC.
- Open your browser on your device.
- Now, visit the login page of Telegram through the URL “web.telegram.org” in the upper search bar.
- There, you have to access your Telegram account either using the Phone number or OR code of your account.
- Once you access your account successfully then you have to open your friend chat message from the left side.
- Now, click on a person’s “Profile Image” which you can find on the upper header side on left.
- After that, click on the “Pencil” icon from the top right corner of the display.
- Next, click on the “Delete Contact” button and then confirm the changes.
Steps to Delete Multiple Contacts in Telegram Desktop App
When you want to delete all contacts on Telegram then you have to do it from your account settings. You can’t simply choose multiple friends and then remove them from your contacts list.
So, you can either use the Telegark web or Telegram desktop app to delete multiple contacts in Telegram.
- Open the Telegram desktop app or visit their website.
- Now, click on the “Three Lines” which you can find on the upper left side.
- There, click on the “Contacts” option.
- Now, click on the “Edit” feature on the upper side of the pop-up window.
- Here, you have to choose your multiple Telegram contacts at once.
- Finally, click on the “Delete” button to terminate them.
How to Delete Telegram Contacts At Once?
There is a simple way to remove contacts on Telegram at once on your mobile device as well as the Telegram desktop app. Saying that you can follow the just above topic to terminate your Telegram contacts on your PC.
But for mobile devices then you have to go to your account settings and then choose the “Privacy and Security” option. There, you will find the option called “Delete Synced contacts” which you have to open it and then delete.
But before that, you must disable the “Sync Contacts” feature in your settings so that it won’t add your device contacts automatically later on. If you don’t do that then there are no benefits of removing your Telegram contacts at once.
How to Delete Contact in Telegram Permanently?
When you terminate your contacts on Telegram then it will be only removed temporarily. The system will add them later on into your account after some time. To prevent that thing from happening, you have to turn Off ‘Sync Contacts’.
The Telegram ‘sync contacts’ is the feature that will automatically scan your device contacts and add them to your account without permission. In this way, you can find all your phone friends on your Telegram you don’t have to add or invite them one by one.
But if you are getting rid of your Telegram contacts permanently then you must need to disable ‘Sync Contacts’ and then remove friends at once or individually.
Here are the steps to do so on your mobile device.
- Go to your Telegram account settings.
- Now, access the “Privacy and Security” feature from the settings.
- There, you have to scroll down and then toggle off the “Sync Contacts” feature.
- After that, you can tap on the “Delete Synced Contacts” option for deleting multiple contacts on Telegram.
- If you want the manual process, then select your friend profile and then access their profile section.
- There, you will find the “Delete Contact” option to erase them.
How to See Deleted Contacts on Telegram?
The only way to see deleted Telegram contacts is to enable the ‘Sync contacts’ feature in your account. When you activate your Telegram contacts sync option then it will add your removed contacts automatically. In this way, you can again start a conversation with them and they will never know about your action.
But if you don’t have the mobile number of that person on your device then it will make it difficult for you to view and locate them. Since Telegram only sync your device contacts that are available on your phone so you must have someone’s number.
On the other side, Telegram sometimes automatically adds your Telegram contacts to your device without your concern. So, if that ever happens in your case then you are lucky to see your deleted contacts on Telegram through the sync process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Can’t I Delete Contact on Telegram?
If you can’t delete your contact in Telegram then check your internet connection, restart your phone, check Telegram server status, reload the application, clear the Telegram cache, reinstall the Telegram app, use the Telegram desktop app or Telegram web, and contact the Telegram support team.
Can My Contacts See Me on Telegram?
Yes, your contacts see you on Telegram if they have enabled the “Sync Contacts” feature in their account.
What Happens When You Remove Telegram Contacts?
When you remove your Telegram contacts they will be deleted from your database as well as the server.
Will My Telegram Contacts Know If I Change My Number?
Yes, Telegram will inform your friends that you’ve changed your number.
Will My Telegram Contacts Know When I Remove Them?
No, your Telegram contacts will never know when you remove or terminate them.
What Does Delete Synced Contacts Mean on Telegram?
The ‘Delete Synced Contacts’ is the feature that helps you to remove multiple contacts on Telegram.
How to Remove Unnecessary Telegram Contacts?
If you want to remove unnecessary contacts on Telegram then you have to do is manually one by one by visiting their account profile.
In this way, you can easily delete contact in Telegram on your mobile phone or desktop version of Telegram. It’s your choice whether to terminate all your friends at once or individually. But if you are thinking about erasing your contacts permanently then don’t forget to disable the ‘Sync Contacts’ feature in your settings.
Do, you like Telegram messenger?