Do you want to put Instagram filters to camera roll pictures?
Instagram let you use your existing images or videos from your device gallery and share it as new posts or on the story.
You can add Instagram filters on existing photos and videos by selecting content from your device and swiping right or left to apply effects.
Other than this, there are other ways to use filters on Instagram for your camera roll media files. Let’s find out!
Table of Contents
How to Add Instagram Filters to Existing Photos and Videos [New Post]
If you are starting a business on Instagram by selling your products then you have to catch the attention of the audience.
This is where filters and effects come in handy that can be used on the real-time photo or from the gallery.
In this section, you will learn to use filters on images and videos before publishing on the profile grid as a new post.
On Android and iPhone
Here are the steps to follow for Android and iOS users to add effects and filters to a post before posting.
- Access your Instagram account.
- Tap on the “+” icon from the middle footer side of the screen.
- There, you can choose the media files either images or videos you like to share in your account.
- Tap on the “Arrow” icon that is located on the upper right side.
- Now, select the “Filter” feature from the bottom side and pick the one which you like the most.
- You better use the filter that suits your content that doesn’t look overdone.
- So, swipe and swipe until you find a perfect effect for your new post.
- Next, tap on the “Arrow” icon and publish your content.
Pro Tip: You can tap on the “Sparkling” icon from the top side while using a filter to manage its ratio. You can control how much filter ratio you want in your post whether full or just a little bit.
On Windows 10 PC
After the recent update, Instagram now lets you post content in your account from a PC.
Previously, you can only view the feed posts of someone and yours, but now you can also upload them.
- Open your account on Instagram PC.
- Click on the “+” button from the top left header side.
- In some browsers, you can find plus an option on the left side menu as “Create”.
- Next, click on the “Select from computer” blue button.
- After that, you need to choose the media files from your desktop and click on the “Open” button.
- Once you pick a post then click on the “Next” button.
- On the right-hand side, you will locate the “Filters” option.
- Scroll down and pick your desired effects and adjust them if you want.
- Finally, tag someone, add your custom location, write a description and share it.
How to Add Saved Instagram Filter to Existing Photos and Videos on Story?
If you don’t want to post new content in your account using a filter and share it for 24 hrs on a story.
The original concept of Instagram filters and effects originated from their story feature.
So, let’s see how you can use original Instagram filters on existing photos and videos.
Note: You can’t create and share on your Instagram PC or Mac.
- Tap on the “Your Story” button from the top left corner.
- Now, hover and choose the picture or video from the camera roll.
- Next, tap on the “Three stars” icon from the top side.
- There, you will find tons of filters you saved on your Instagram.
- So, select the effects by swiping left from right on the bottom side and use it.
- Once you apply the effect then tap on the “Your Story” button to share with your followers.
How to Add Instagram Filter to Existing Video on Reel?
You can create a 90 seconds reel video on Instagram using filters and other various effects.
There is also an option to use existing videos from your gallery as Reel for Instagram.
So, let’s find out how you can put Instagram filters to camera roll pictures for reels.
Note: There is no option to make reel videos on Instagram PC so you have to go with the mobile version only.
- Go to the home page of your Instagram account.
- Swipe right from the edge of the left corner.
- Now, select the “Reel” option from the bottom side.
- After that, tap on the “Three Star” icon from the left side.
- There, choose the filters from the “Trending, Reels, and Appearance” tab.
- After picking up a filter then tap on the reel video and create a reel with a filter.
- Once creating a reel is completed then share it on your account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Someone Know When You Use Filters on Instagram Posts?
No, nobody can tell if you use filters or effects in your Instagram post but they can tell in you use it on your story or reels.
Can You Add Your Own Filter on Instagram?
Yes, you can create and share your own custom filters or Instagram using ‘Spark AR Studio.‘
Can You Use Instagram Filter Without Posting?
Yes, you can apply filters in your Instagram posts, stories, and reel before posting or sharing with your followers.
In this way, you can put Instagram filters to camera roll pictures easily. For some reason, you may not get effects on the reel which you can solve it by updating the Instagram app.
Other than this, you can save your favorite filter and later use it on real-time posts or existing from the gallery.